Why Epoxy Floors Are Amazing for Home Garages
If you’ve never heard of epoxy floor coating before, you’re in for a great surprise. This high-tech floor covering is completely changing what a garage can be like.
The Benefits of Epoxy Floors
Epoxy flooring offers incredible benefits for a garage:
- Chemical resistance: It doesn’t matter if battery acid, radiator fluid or another type of chemical leaks from your vehicle. Your floor stays protected. It’s not a problem to wipe up any spills and have a spotless garage still.
- Slip resistance: Are you tired of stepping out of your vehicle during rain or snowy weather and also falling? Epoxy has a great slip-resistant layer that gives you a good grip even when the floor is wet.
- Stain resistance: Epoxy floors are practically impervious to most stains. Oil leak? Not a problem. Just wipe up the oil and your garage is still completely clean. This makes epoxy amazing for people who love to work on their cars at home or handle other projects.
- Moisture resistance: The process of preparing and applying epoxy to floors gives the surface excellent moisture protection. Water stays above the epoxy, not sinking into the concrete below. This can reduce the risk of mold or mildew developing in the garage, avoiding musty smells.
- Superior durability: Unlike painting concrete or applying protective finishes — which require regular reapplication — epoxy lasts ages without needing to be replaced.
- Easier maintenance: Sweeping and mopping an epoxy floor is a breeze. The broom slides effortless across the surface, and there are no pitted areas to trap dirt. Epoxy has a sleek surface that is easy to clean.
There are many different color options for epoxy flooring, so you can choose something that follows your personality. Whether you want a jet back racing floor, a perfectly white floor for detail work or some color for your personal workspace, there are solutions that fit your vision.
Epoxy Floor Professionals
It’s vital to contact a professional for high-quality application of epoxy. To prepare the concrete effectively, experts use an etching solution for good adherence as well as special leveling tools. Pros also clean the surface carefully before starting.